Trying iOS 11 with Xamarin
The triathlon season is over. I completed all three, planned races for this year:
- Ironman 70.3 Coeur d'Alene
- SeaFair Sprint Triathlon (new PR!)
- Lake Meridian Olympic Triathlon (new PR!)
In the meantime...
The Winter is coming!
Apple is cooking for us iOS 11, and I decided to give it a shot! It actually works nice.
- Install latest Xcode beta from here
- Install latest Xamarin.iOS (all links are here, hint: version is 10.99, not 11 yet)
- Set VS for Mac to Xcode-beta (Preferences -> Projects -> SDK Locations -> Apple -> Location)
If you did everything correct you should be able to see new iOS11 simulator:
I encountered one issue: when deploying to device I got following errors:
Error: unable to find utility "lipo", not a developer tool or in PATH
Error: Failed to create the a fat library
Solution was to run the following command:
sudo xcode-select --switch /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/
So far everything works pretty well. Occasionally when I run VS for Mac it doesn't detect simulators, but after restart they are back!
Have you tried iOS 11 yet?