June was a month of conferences for .NET developers! We had Tech Ed North America, Norwegian Developers Conference, Tech Ed Europe and bunch more, but the biggest one was Microsoft Build Developer Conference.
All videos are live and available for free on Channel 9. Both Keynotes are worth to see, but for .NET people second day’s keynote would be more interesting. I also recommend Scott Hanselman‘s session What’s New in ASP.NET and Visual Studio 2013. Scott shows lots of nice new features like:
- One ASP.NET
- Bootstrap as default template in ASP.NET project
- Multiple default browsers in Visual Studio
- Real-Time website refreshing between Visual Studio and Browser (without page reloading)
- New ninja snippets
- and much, much more
There is also very solid session Introduction to Node.js on Windows Azure by Tomasz Janczuk. I really enjoyed this session. Tomasz shows Node.js basics, and how to it on Windows Azure in very simple and clear way.
Other interesting stuff:
- 3D Printing with Windows – I was in shock when I saw what we can print using 3D Printer
- ASP.NET Web API 2 – Web Services for Websites, Modern Apps, and Mobile Apps – overview of new WebAPI v2: routing, OWIN, testing, OData, security
- Windows Phone: Introducing App Development – nice overview of Windows Phone platform (perfect for people who want to start WP development today)
- What’s New in the Visual Studio 2013 IDE – some other (than in Mads Kristensen’s talk) VS improvements
- Scaling the Real-time Web with ASP.NET SignalR (Damian Edwards) – this is advanced talk, going deep into SignalR scaling (intro to SignalR can be found in this ebook)
- The Future of C++ – overview of future features of C++ 14 (e.g. idea of async/await in C++)